Sunday, February 8, 2009

SPEAK SOFTLY, SCARY BIG DICK

Here's what James Gordon Meek recently wrote about Dick Cheney in the New York Daily News:

Dick Cheney isn't finished scaring the bejesus out of America.

The former vice president warned Wednesday that there's a "high probability" the U.S. will get nuked by terrorists during President Obama's watch.

"The ultimate threat to the country [is] a 9/11-type event where the terrorists are armed with something much more dangerous than an airline ticket and a box cutter - a nuclear weapon or a biological agent of some kind," Cheney told Politico.com from his latest undisclosed location - his new Virginia office.

Cheney said that "perhaps hundreds of thousands of people" would perish in such a strike, and that "there's a high probability of such an attempt."

In some alternate TV dimension, probably the one in the '24'-verse, the tele-twist to this story would be that Dick Cheney would be the evil megalomaniac behind such a dastardly deed. I mean, just look at him!
That's a face made for TV Eeeeeeeevil!!!!

I don't watch '24'; I'm getting too specialized in my dotage with my TV viewing - I'm only interested in those shows that would be set in the main Toobworld, Earth Prime-Time. So, for alls I know, that scenario of a crazy mean Veep nuking his own country was already used in the show. (I know that a nuclear bomb went off in California during the course of one "day", but I don't know the specifics as to who was ultimately responsible....)

BCnU!
Toby O'B

No comments: