Over in Skitlandia, that televersion of Governor Eliot Spitzer has found that his phone has been ringing off the hook since the news broke two days ago about his sex scandal.
Luckily for us (if not Spitzer), David Letterman was able to get hold of the tape from the Governor's answering machine....
"Messages Left on Eliot Spitzer's Answering Machine"
10. "Hey, what's new?"
9. "It's Barack Obama. Remember our conversation about being my running mate? Never mind."
8. "Ralph Nader here. Glad to hear I'm not the only politician who has to pay for it."
7. "Hi, I'm calling from the 'New York Post.' Would you rather be known as 'Disgraced Governor Perv' or 'Humiliated Whore Fiend'?"
6. "This is John McCain. If it makes you feel better, I once got caught having sex with Lincoln's wife."
5. "It's Dr. Phil. Call me if you need any horse**** advice."
4. "This is Sen. Larry Craig. Do you ever go through the Minneapolis airport?"
3. "It's Wolf Blitzer. Call me if you ever want a hot Spitzer-Blitzer three-way."
2. "Paris Hilton here. I would have done it for free."
1. "It's Arnold Schwarzenegger. Thanks, I'm no longer America's creepiest governor."
[from 'The Late Show with David Letterman']