Monday, June 19, 2006

TOBY TAILORED

So I'm a narcissist.

So I like to hear my name mentioned in TV shows.

So sue me.

Who doesn't like a little shout-out, especially when your name is included in a great - and very appropriate - TV quote?

"I make it a point never to disagree with Toby when he's right."
Josh Lyman
'The West Wing'

My favorite shout-out came on 'The Late Show with David Letterman' as they were coming out of a commercial break. Dave leaned into the microphone and said, "Thank you, Toby."

I have no idea what the inside joke reference could have meant, but it didn't matter.

Look, Ma! David Letterman was talking to ME!

Best use of my name? Taylor Lacher playing a cop named Toby O'Brien on an episode of 'Police Story' back in the early 70s.

Yeah.... good times.......

"Fuck you, Tobey!"
Turtle
'Entourage'

Woof! Glad that one was meant for Maguire!

BCnU!
Tele-Toby

And nertz to you, the Tele-Toby who grabbed that name first at YouTube!

No comments: