Tuesday, March 22, 2005

DUCK SEASON! WABBIT SEASON! PILOT SEASON!

My brother-in-law is a hunter, and the way he feels about deer season, that's how I feel about this time of year. It's pilot season in Toobworld, and shows are being produced and evaluated by the networks. More won't even get that far, and plenty of those produced will fall by the wayside and never make the fall schedule.

(Remember the good old days when networks would have pilot "Playhouse" or "Showcase" to burn off those discarded pilots and recoup some of their losses?)

I've been collecting the various news reports trickling in about the many pilot projects for the coming season and I plan to evaluate them for their crossover potential in Toobworld at large. If they never make it to air, then it's a moot point. One of my basic rules is - if it's broadcast, then it's part of the TV Universe.

But perhaps the network suits at the pilot's potential home have not realized yet the lucrative crossover possibilities these shows hold. So I'm offering up this service pro bono for the greater glory of Toobworld.

Gee, I wish I had a great Latin phrase to shout out at this point......

Sort of like a John Wilkes Boobtube.

BCnU!
Tele-Toby

No comments: