Tuesday, January 24, 2012

NEW TO VIEW @ TOOB HQ


On Sunday morning as I came home from work, I decided to stop off at the Dunkin' Donuts for a hot chocolate and a couple of toasted bagels with cream cheese. It's not something I do every day, as I try to be a good boy and watch what I eat, mostly.... Besides, for most of the week it's packed with teachers from the school across the street when I get home.

But it was Sunday morning, the place was basically empty, and it was the beginning of my days off, and it was cold. I figured the hot chocolate would be a nice way to unwind.

The streets were nasty still from Saturday's storm and my shoes were covered with rock salt. So I followed the runners they laid down inside the gas station Kwikee Mart where the Dunkin' Donuts is located, rather than just walking straight up to their window. And because of that, I saw the Kwikee Mart display of really cheap DVDs....

All of them were $6.99, which I guess makes them more tempting than if they had a sticker listing them as $7.00. But it worked on me and I picked up three of them:

1] 'WANTED: DEAD OR ALIVE (Season One) - The classic Steve McQueen TV Western

2] Stephen King's 'NIGHTMARES & DREAMSCAPES' - including one unaired episode.

3] 'KIDNAPPED' starring Jeremy Sisto, Delroy Lindo, Timothy Hutton, Dana Delaney, Linus Roache, Mykelti Williamson, and a "Homina Thrice", Carmen Ejogo. I didn't need the DVD for a post I'll eventually write about Hutton's character being the half-brother to his character from 'Leverage', but I'll get better frame grabs than I would from the web...

Otherwise, the display had mostly cheesy movies and wrestling DVDs......

BCnU!

No comments: