Tuesday, April 5, 2011

"ACTION JACKSON" - THE "MADTV" MOVIE

As you probably saw in the previous post, I sort of gave a pass to John Belushi and 'Saturday Night Live' for their portrayal of Elizabeth Taylor as being over-weight and choking on chicken. It was of the time, when that actually happened to the legendary actress.

On the other hand....



This similar portrayal in this 'MadTV' sketch just felt wrong when they introduced the chicken nun-chucks. (I didn't have any problem with a guy playing her as being heavier. It's Ron Woodard, I believe, and he actually looks good in the part - until he sinks his teeth into the chicken....) By then (1998), it was just old news and lazy joke-writing.

On the whole, though, it's a damned funny sketch. Hypocrite that I am, I have no problem with jokes at Michael Jackson's expense.....

BCnU!

No comments: