Tuesday, February 22, 2011

AS SEEN ON TV: GEORGE WASHINGTON

GEORGE WASHINGTON
AS SEEN ON:
'Saturday Night Live'

AS PLAYED BY:
Russell Brand
AS SEEN IN:
"Swing Out, Sweet Land"

AS PLAYED BY:
Lorne Greene

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO
THE FATHER OF OUR COUNTRY!

I'm sending this out in memory of a man I never got the chance to meet - my grandfather Thomas George O'Brien, the first to bear that name in our family. (And I'm the last, at Number Three. Having that many by the same name is probably why they started calling me by my initials - T-OB - since before I was even born.) Grandpa was born on Washington's birthday in 1900, which is why he was given "George" as his middle name.

So on the occasion of his eleventy-first birthday, I'm doffing my tri-corner hat to Thomas George O'Brien the First with this "As Seen On TV" post.......

BCnU!

No comments: