Tuesday, July 27, 2010

"MY BOYS" GO NATIONWIDE

One of my favorite of the current roster of sitcoms, 'My Boys', returned last night with two new episodes. The major sponsor for both of them was Nationwide Insurance, and two of the characters - PJ Franklin and Bobby Newman - are seen in a blipvert that takes place at an auto show, where Bobby bemoans his inability to change a tire.

Apparently, I'm supposed to know who the famous NASCAR driver is who drives the Nationwide-sponsored race car, but I lack the gene that sparks any interest in NASCAR. At any rate, that driver gets into the conversation, saying that he's never changed a tire in his life - thanks to his pit crew.

I haven't been able to track down that new commercial yet, but there's one from last year, still with PJ and Bobby, that can be seen at the show's web site. (I tried to embed it but the code doesn't work..... So go here.)

PJ and Bobby are definitely on their way towards the TV Crossover Hall of Fame. But an appearance in some other sitcom would be better....

BCnU!

No comments: