In advance of the official opening, David Letterman had Leonard Nimoy appear on 'The Late Show' Thursday night to present the Top Ten list:
Top Ten Lines Never Before Said in a Star Trek film:
10. Warp factor 8! Arby's closes in 10 minutes.
9. We're entering a breach in the space-time continuum or a wormhole or some crazy crap like that.
8. Set phasers to fabulous!
7. Welcome aboard the Starship Enterprise – today's in-flight movie is "Big Momma's House 2."
6. We've been hijacked by Somali pirates.
5. Sir, I'm going to need Saturday off to attend my nephew's Bar Mitzvah.
4. My baby-daddy is a Vulcan – on the next "Maury."
3. The Enterprise just hit a goose – we're gonna have to land in the Hudson.
2. Live long, prosper, and keep on hangin' and bangin'.
1. I find your choice of hairpiece highly illogical.
Over the weekend, Nimoy also appeared in the Weekend Update segment on 'Saturday Night Live' with co-stars Zachary Quinto and Chris Pine.