Friday, April 17, 2009

SKED ALERT: ADELE ON 'UGLY BETTY'

Speaking of 'Ugly Betty'.....

O'Bviously I'm of the wrong demographic, but I've never heard the song "Chasing Pavements" or of its singer Adele before this story:

Adele will join the League of Themselves by making an appearance on an episode of 'Ugly Betty' in May. According to ABC, "Betty, her 'frenemy' Marc, and her boyfriend Matt must complete a YETI assignment in which they oversee a photo shoot. Somehow, everything turns into an impromptu wedding" (but the network won't reveal whose). The news article I read this in says that Adele is a soul singer, and they also mention that there's no indication whether or not she'll be doing any singing in the episode at all.

I'm wondering if the lyrics of "Chasing Pavements" played a role either in the casting of Adele, or in the plotline for that episode?

Should I give up,
Or should I just keep chasing pavements?
Even if it leads nowhere,
Or would it be a waste?
Even if I knew my place should I leave it there?
Should I give up,
Or should I just keep chasing pavements?
Even if it leads nowhere

BCnU!
Toby O'B

No comments: