Wednesday, April 22, 2009

THE BUDDY SYSTEM

Rob Buckley of "The Medium Is Not Enough" (link to the left!) has posted a meme question:

"If you could be any TV character, who would you be and why?"

I chose Buddy Sorrell, of 'The Dick Van Dyke Show'. There was no need to think long and hard about it; I've wanted to be Buddy Sorrell since I was a kid.

Buddy gets paid to tell jokes.

He sleeps on the job.

He gets to make fun of a much taller bald guy.

Being Buddy was something to aspire to when I was younger.

Upon growing up, however, I've had to make a few adjustments. Oh, I still get to sleep on the job, but I'm not often paid for my jokes. Okay, I'm not paid at all for them; I just shell them out gratis. (I probably should be paying for telling them......)

And as for insulting the tall bald guy, I'd never do that to a fellow Iddiot.

But at least I do follow the Buddy Sorrell dress code at work: loosened tie, unbuttoned vest, rumpled white shirt.

Maybe I should have taken up the cello......

So, I'd like to know - which TV character would you like to be? Let me know in the comments.

BCnU!
Toby O'B

No comments: