Monday, September 17, 2007

CURBING SOME ZONKS

I got some "Iddiot" mail while at work last night....

Tonight's Curb your enthusiasm. While watching tonight's Curb. I noticed in the scene where Larry David was in the dry cleaner. The wall of celebrity photos, kind of obligatory in many NY and LA establishments, was filled with the likes of many HBO series actors, namely 6ft Under, Sopranos and the wire.


Wonder if Mr. Bianculli will pick up on this?

Fellow IDD'er Merrill

I urged Merrill to send it in since he spotted it first. And I may not have noticed it otherwise.

But it's a great in-joke that is not a threat as a Zonk to the TV Universe - unless somebody with HDTV and the ability to zoom in on those pictures is able to see autographs that mention those shows by name.

Otherwise, they were just pictures of actors as far as Toobworld is concerned. I've since seen the episode and I was able to pick out at least Rachel Griffiths, Peter Krause, Michael C. Hall, and Ian McShane - unless that was supposed to be one of those daguerreotype pictures of the actual Al Swearengen who lived in 'Deadwood' back in 1876.

But why would a dry cleaner's store have a picture of such a guy from over one hundred years ago? I'll go with it being Ian McShane but from some Toobworldian Western.....

BCnU!
Toby OB

No comments: