Friday, August 17, 2007

ECCE PROMO! (PINEAPPLE FLAVORED)

I can't believe it's taken me this long to figure out that a pineapple figures in just about every episode of 'Psych'. It was the hideous Hawaiian shirt in the horse-racing episode which had a pineapple in its design and the pineapple upside-down cake in the episode about the other fake psych which finally clued me in to the gimmick. And then I remembered how Shaun gave a pineapple to the judge in a case from an earlier episode.

I should have realized there was a reason for Shaun and Gus to be holding pineapples in the promos.

What I'd like to do now is find a list somewhere online of all the pineapple references that have appeared on the show. So far all I've found is a "pineapple club" in some 'Psych' forum, but they don't have a complete list. And as is the case with a lot of bbs, you have to join 'em to talk to 'em. Forget that!

(No offense to the Pineapple Clubbers, but the closest I get to being a joiner is playing Snug in "A Midsummer's Night's Dream".)

So if anybody out there knows where I might find a comprehensive list of the 'Psych' pineapple references, let me know. I may have to order the first season via Netflix to check out each episode and compile my own list.

Not that I'm complaining; it should be fun. Kind of like looking for Hitchcock's cameo in his movies, or the bunny on the Playboy covers, or the Nina's in the sketches by Al Hirschfeld.

BCnU!
Toby OB

No comments: