The Museum of Television & Radio will present the twenty-third annual William S. Paley Television Festival from February 28 through March 15, 2006, in Los Angeles. This Festival, named for William S. Paley, founder of both the Museum and CBS, celebrates television’s rich and diverse programming and the creative process behind it. During these evenings, the audience views episodes or highlights of the featured work and has the opportunity to ask questions of the cast and creative teams or the individual involved in its production.
The Paley Festival will be held at the Directors Guild of America in the DGA Theatre Complex, 7920 Sunset Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA.
2006 Paley Festival Schedule
· Tuesday, February 28 – Grey’s Anatomy
· Wednesday, March 1 – Entourage
· Thursday, March 2 – Everybody Hates Chris
· Friday, March 3 – Battlestar Galactica
· Saturday, March 4 – Supernatural
· Monday, March 6 – Medium
· Tuesday, March 7 – My Name Is Earl
· Wednesday, March 8 – House
· Thursday, March 9 – Family Guy
· Friday, March 10 – The Golden Girls
· Monday, March 13 – How I Met Your Mother
· Tuesday, March 14 – An Evening with Sally Field
· Wednesday, March 15 – Weeds
*All shows begin at 7:00 p.m. with the exception of My Name Is Earl, which begins at 7:30 p.m.
The Museum of Television & Radio’s Membership Department in Los Angeles is available to answer any questions at 310-786-1066 or you can e-mail them directly at LAMembers@mtr.org. You can also visit our website at www.mtr.org for updated Paley Festival information.
Ticket Sales Schedule
· Ticket sales for MT&R Members begin Thursday, January 26, 2006, at 9:00 a.m.
· Ticket sales for the general public begin Thursday, February 2, 2006, at 9:00 a.m.
How to Order Paley Tickets
· Via telephone toll-free at 1-866-468-3399 (Mon. to Fri. 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., Sat. 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., Sun.7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., all times Pacific)
· Via the web at www.ticketweb.com
· You will need your Membership number in order to purchase tickets.
· Please provide your Membership number, including any dashes, spaces, etc., and please note that the number zero (0) is not the letter “o.”
· MT&R Website, www.mtr.org.
· MT&R Paley Festival Information Line, 310-786-1010
· MT&R Membership Line, 310-786-1066
· Ads in the LA Times, LA Weekly, Variety, and The Hollywood Reporter
· There is a four (4) ticket limit per Membership per show.
· Please note that a Dual/Family Membership is one Membership, i.e., only four (4) tickets per show can be purchased on Dual/Family Membership.
It looks like FOX and NBC come out the better in representation during the festival, but at least all the major nets have entries, which would splain why 'Supernatural' is on the list. But NBC definitely wins out, as night to spotlight a classic series features one of their alumni - 'The Golden Girls'.
And I can't say for certain, but I'm guessing the special night with Sally Field is due more to this being the thirtieth anniversary of her Emmy-winning performance in "Sybill" than it has to do with 'Gidget', 'The Flying Nun', and 'The Girl With Something Extra' (although I hope those do get covered in the Q&A section).
And maybe somebody can ask her about playing Clementine Hale on 'Alias Smith And Jones'.....