Wednesday, November 30, 2005

SKED MARKS: MAKING "BONES" ABOUT IT

AAAAAAAARGH!

What are you doing to me, FOX?

This was from TVWeek:

Medical drama 'House' will remain in its current 9 p.m. Tuesday time period, while 'Bones' will move to Wednesdays at 9 p.m. following the 'American Idol' audition shows beginning Jan. 25.

I'm sure it's probably going to do gangbusters following 'American Idol'. Look how that helped 'House' last season.

I like 'Bones' a lot. It's on my list as one of the best new shows from the 2005 season.

But I live and breathe 'Lost'. And that airs on Wednesdays at 9 pm on ABC.

Sometimes these choices are easy to make. I liked 'Commander In Chief', recognizing its faults but still finding it an entertaining and fast-moving hour. (I'm a big fan of backroom political intrigue "Fletcher Knebel" type of stories.)

But as soon as 'House' returned after the baseball break, it was time to put Geena Davis' presidency on the back-burner and return to TV's best curmudgeon.

And it's not like I can watch one and tape the other to watch later. Okay, fine. It's true I don't know how to work the equipment to do that anyway. But I work an overnight shift and so I'm sleeping during prime time. I have to make the Sophie's Choice on which shows to tape.

At least with 'Veronica Mars' - which also airs at 9 pm on Wednesdays, - I know I have a backup plan with UPN's re-airing on the weekends. 'Law & Order: Criminal Intent' and 'Law & Order: Special Victims Unit' have the same kind of set-up with USA Network.

Here's an idea: Why not rerun 'Bones' a week later on FX on some other night - like Saturdays? It's an elephant's graveyard anyway when it comes to ratings, so what do you have to lose?

Like I said, I'm sure 'Bones' will benefit from this maneuver and may even guarantee it a second season. I'm just upset I can't come along for the ride.

I hope FOX will have a generous rerun policy this summer. If not, then FOX You, Murdochian Suits! May you be nibbled to death by ducks!

BCnU!
Tele-Toby

No comments: