Monday, October 17, 2005

A MUNCHKIN IN VEGAS?

After two successful crossovers with NBC's "Crossing Jordan," the creator of 'Las Vegas' is not averse to trying it again.

"We've talked about it with a few shows," said Gary Scott Thompson. "I can't discuss which shows, because there's no deal really in place. ... But we have talked about crossovers or just characters [from other shows] coming to 'Las Vegas'."

Regular visitors to my blog know which shows I would pick. Have the family from 'Medium' take their vacation in Vegas. A medical convention could be held at the Montecito and that way we could see a few doctors from the Cook County 'ER'. With Danny's military bacground, why not make a connection with the Pentagon brass of 'The E-Ring'?

Even resurrect a few characters from cancelled NBC shows, like some lawyers from 'L.A. Law' to take a few depositions. Or just characters who've since moved on from current shows - why can't former NYC D.A. Adam Schiff spend some of his retirement pension playing the slots?

And I mentioned this following idea but never thought I'd see it come this close to fruition:

"One possibility is the character of Detective John Munch, played by Richard Belzer on NBC's "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit."

Originally created for NBC's "Homicide: Life on the Street," Munch has appeared in several shows, including NBC's "Law & Order," UPN's "The Beat," FOX's "The X-Files" and NBC's "Law & Order: Trial by Jury."

"We're trying to figure that out," Thompson said. "It's been approved by everybody, so I just think it's a matter of figuring out a good storyline and figuring out his schedule. They shoot in New York, we shoot here, that's all it is."

Can I get a "Woo -#" I say, a "Woo Hoo!"?

BCnU!
Tele-Toby

[Thanks to Zap2It.com and my Iddiot friend Nora Lee for bringing this story to my attention.]

No comments: