Saturday, July 26, 2014

KEEPING PEACHES FRESH... IN MEMORIES





This was from the second episode of 'Vicious', which was first broadcast in the UK on 6 May 2013.  


Almost a year later, 7 April 2014, Peaches Geldof died.

I saw this episode this past Sunday night, July 6, 2014 and that snippet of the episode was missing.  It's probably excised in deference to her father Bob Geldof and the rest of her family, even though it's a harmless reference.  (It's not like anyone was telling Karen Ann Quinlan-style jokes about her.)

I'm not even sure if it will survive into the DVD release of the series.  (Actually I'm not even sure there would be a DVD release, but I'd be surprised if there wasn't.)

So viewers from the Trueniverse will probably never see that reference to the late Peaches Geldof ever again, at least not over the airwaves.  However, the moment was set in stone once it was broadcast.  It happened in Earth Prime-Time and nothing can change that.

I wouldn't even bother trying to pull a 'Doctor Who' splainin for this.  I think it's an insult to her to deny that it happened.  I find it hard to believe that she would have had any problems with the mention.  I think she would be happy to be remembered in some small way... by everyone except for Freddie Thornhill.......

If it could happen that Toobworld's past could be eliminated permanently, think of how many scenes we have lost over the years due to editing so that more room could be made for the almighty blipvert!

BCnU.......

No comments: