Carl Weathers (born January 14, 1948), is an American actor, as well as former professional football player in the United States and Canada. He is best known for playing Apollo Creed in the "Rocky" series of films. He also played Dillon in "Predator", Chubbs Peterson in "Happy Gilmore" and "Little Nicky", and an exaggeratedly frugal fictionalized version of himself in the television series 'Arrested Development'.
"Whoa, whoa, whoa!
There’s still plenty of meat on that bone.
Now you take this home, throw it in a pot, add some broth, a potato......
Baby, you’ve got a stew going!”
Carl Weathers is one of those members in the League of Themselves who are not afraid to cast a less than flattering light on their televersions, marking a difference between Toobworld and the Real World. In this case, Carl Weathers is amazingly cheap!
Here's a list of examples from the 'Arrested Development' Wikia:
- Carl takes a shuttle to the airport rather than a taxi or his own car.
- Carl scams the airline by exploiting a loophole that gives you $300 if you are bumped from a flight.
- Carl takes Tobias to Rud to exploid Lindsay's discount.
- Carl buys all his automobiles at police auctions.
- Carl tries to get a drink on Lindsay's tab.
- As a brawl breaks out, he shares a bottle
of wine with Lucille off some random table.
- When interviewed after the fight at the restaurant, he is holding a doggy bag and indicates that he will be suing for $50,000 in medical damage.
- He makes stew from old chicken bones and leftovers.
- He eats all his meals off the craft services table and pockets his per diem.
- He gets a product placement with Burger King.
- Carl gets his fill of free drink refills at Burger King.