Friday, July 6, 2012

HAPPY 90th BIRTHDAY, WILLIAM SCHALLERT!


Today marks the 90th birthday of William Schallert, who was called "the hardest-working man in show business" once upon a time by TV Land.  A rundown of just his TV credits would leave you run down!

A few years back I did a tribute to his TV work here at Inner Toob.  I didn't think it right that such a celebration wouldn't come to pass until after he died.  I don't know if he's ever Googled himself and come across the page, but if so, I hope he liked it.  Because it's truly heart-felt.

Thanks for all you've given us to make Toobworld a richer place, Mr. Schallert.  And happy birthday!

BCnU!

1 comment:

VP81955 said...

Thanks for the link to your tribute to William Schallert -- very well done.

I had the pleasure of interviewing him a decade or so ago, and some years back, I ran it at my site (http://carole-and-co.livejournal.com/190884.html). What a wonderful man, and a credit to the acting profession.