Thursday, June 7, 2012

SOUNDING OFF


I posted this to "The Medium Is Not Enough" (Link to the left, my audiophiles) today in response to Rob's observations about the importance of sound to TV........

This morning I sat down to watch my recording of the season premiere of 'The Glades' and found that only the ambient noises - footsteps, jukebox music in the background, rustling papers, gators sliding into the water - could be heard. But everybody was moving their lips and you couldn't even hear a faint version of their dialogue. When the commercials came on, no problem, you heard everything. Unless it was an A&E interstitial promo. Very bizarre.


Luckily I just switched over to On Demand to watch it....


I'm expecting that when I finally get around to seeing the series premiere of 'Longmire' which followed, the same thing will happen......


Did anybody else have that happen to them? I also found my recordings of 'Veep' and 'Game Of Thrones' were in Spanish as well.


I think my latest DVR, Dmitri*, is plotting against me.....


BCnU!


* In order to keep track how many DVRs I go through, I've started naming them in alphabetical order.  So it's Anatole, Bolivar, Clem, and Dmitri.....


No comments: