Sunday, December 26, 2010

"I BELIEVE IN FATHER CHRISTMAS"

For me, it just isn't Christmas until I've heard three seasonal songs:

"Christmas Wrapping" by the Motels

"Little Drummer Boy/Peace On Earth" by Bing Crosby and David Bowie

"I Believe In Father Christmas" by Greg Lake

That last one is a double blast of pleasure because it uses music from the "Lieutenant Kije Suite", one of my favorite bits of classical music.

So I'm shining the spotlight on Greg Lake's song, and I chose the day after Christmas because it just has that feel to it.....

THE ORIGINAL VIDEO


THE STORY BEHIND THE SONG



U2'S COVER VERSION


GREG LAKE LIVE ON ALBANY TV


Now with this version, I have to warn you - it's bloody, violent, and very very disturbing. I was appalled upon seeing it for the first time, and that's really saying something.....

HAPPY TREE FRIENDS



BCnU!

No comments: