Monday, September 22, 2008

NEW @ TOOBWORLD CENTRAL

I've been in a buying mood for DVDs lately - anything to do my part for this economy! - and the fruits of those purchases are beginning to show up.

"GOLDEN AGE CLASSICS" - Two early TV adaptations of literary classics - "A Connecticut Yankee In King Arthur's Court" & "The Adventures Of Huckleberry Finn", both with Thomas Mitchell. Boris Karloff stars as Merlin in the former, while John Carradine appears in the latter.

'THE LAIR' - from the people that brought 'Dante's Cove' to here!, this is the first season collection of a gothic soap opera about gay vampires. I figure it'll be good for a larf when I'm visiting with my buddies Mark & Michael. (It might at least spare me being dragooned into watching one of Michael's splatter-fest horror movies.)

'THE WILD, WILD WEST' (SEASON FOUR) - This completes the run of the series. But had I waited, I could have purchased the complete series in one box set which supposedly contains even more extras. Oh well. I just need to get the sequel movies; they may not have been very good, but at least it was a chance to see Jim and Arte in action one last time.

Having now seen 2 1/2 episodes of 'Lost in Austen' via YouTube (which seems to have clamped down on the possibility of seeing any more that way), I ordered an honest-to-God bodice-ripper novel by Gwyn Cready - "SEDUCING MR. DARCY", in which a modern day woman goes back in Time and disrupts the events of "Pride & Prejudice". Like minds thinkg great..... I wonder if Ms. Cready might end up suing?

BCnU!
Toby O'B

1 comment:

Terence Towles Canote said...

I've kept meaning to get the seasons of The Wild Wild West on DVD, but now I think I'll just go ahead and get the boxed set. I guess there's an upside to procrastination!