Sunday, September 21, 2008

CLASH OF THE NINE-TO-TENS

Ahhh, DVR! The GPS for a Couch Potato!

Even though I upgraded my digital TV to include DVR in time for last season's fall premiere, it's only now I'm finally getting a clash in scheduling. My TW system can only handle two programs at a time, so my problem begins with the Monday night at 9 hour - the DVR decided to boot 'Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles' in favor of 'How I Met Your Mother' and 'Heroes'. I didn't have this problem last spring because the latter two series were on hiatus because of the writers' strike when the 'Connor Chronicles' (as my DVR prefers to call it) premiered. So with this head-to-head, the John Connor Come Lately is the one to get bumped.

Not a problem, though. I can always catch this next installment online soon after anyway, over at Hulu.

I should have had a conflict tonight, what with my desire to record the 60th Emmy presentation on ABC, but AMC did a solid by holding off on 'Mad Men' for a week. As the show will hopefully scoop up a load of the statuettes, it makes sense for them to do this favor to their audience.

I wish HBO had done the same - they're showing new episodes of 'True Blood' and 'Entourage' tonight. Traditionally rival networks used to refrain from broadcasting new content on Emmy night, more as a boon for their shows which were nominated than as a courtesy to their rivals, I imagine. Besides, payback would only come around eventually one they were hosting the awards show again. (If I'm not mistaken, it was FOX which first broke that unwritten rule... which kind of figures.)

I guess maybe they're counting on the numbers from those who record?

BCnU!
Toby O'B

No comments: