Saturday, September 8, 2007

A TASTE OF PINEAPPLE

We got two references to pineapples this week on 'Psych' in "Rob-A-Bye, Baby".

First up, Shaun was eating Jelly Belly-like jelly beans and was disgusted by the combination of pineapple and moviehouse popcorn flavors.

Late in the show, Shaun arrived on Chief Vick's doorstep with a baby gift: a pineapple, of course.

I picked up Season One of the series via Netflix in order to work my way through the episodes for each of the references and eventually I'll post them all here.

It's already been an influence on me, though. I'm still working on proofing my Toobworld novel, full of TV references, and I changed a dessert to make a combination 'Psych' and 'Monty Python's Flying Circus' reference:

Pineapple tart without so much rat in it.

BCnU!
Toby OB


ADDENDUM:
I'm told that there was a THIRD reference to pineapples in this episode! That Sean's logo on his polo shirt was of a pineapple:

No comments: