Saturday, November 11, 2017

VETERANS' DAY - REMEMBERING MY DAD II




A few days ago I celebrated the memory of my Dad on his birthday with the remembrance of how he had his three oldest kids (AJ & Leah weren't around yet) become involved in playing along with the panel of 'To Tell The Truth'.

Here's the link.

Today is Veterans' Day.  My Dad was a vet - he served as a sailor during the Korean Conflict on board the Leyte.  (Not the Leyte Gulf which is in service now.)  One of my prized possessions is a framed photo of Dad standing behind Pope Pius at the Vatican with all of his shipmates.  (Dad's two back on the Pope's right.  Dad's looking at him rather than the camera.  I think it's making Pius nervous.  LOL)


So usually I salute a fictional member of the Armed Forces o this day, but to tell the truth, I just don't feel like I'm done with my memories of my father.

See what I did there?

So having told you all about how Dad got me interested in the game show "To Tell The Truth", and since this is a Saturday, sometimes presented here as part of the Video Weekend category, I'm going a different route this year.  So with that in mind, here are some episodes of 'To Tell The Truth' from back in those glory days when my Dad and my brothers and I were audience playing along at home......



























Thanks for the memories, Dad......

No comments: