Sunday, March 29, 2015

VIDEO SUNDAY - LASSIE AND THE C-CLAMP


This was recently in Dave Barry's blog:

The Blog has oft remarked (in print and otherwise) that we think collies are smart because we grew up watching 'Lassie'. Today the s.b. was spinning the dial and found an episode of the early show with Jon Provost as Timmy. In this episode, June Lockhart, aka Mom, had her foot caught in a cougar trap (for obvious reasons). Lassie heard her calling and came a'runnin'... This is the actual dialogue that June Lockhart had to say to her co-star, a dog:

"Do you remember the c-clamp that the trapper brought? I think I left it on the kitchen counter. Go get it, girl! And hurry!"

That is all.

Posted by judi on March 7, 2015 at 12:26 PM


If I ever saw that episode when I was a kid, I don't remember it.  I probably was so young that I didn't have any problem in accepting the premise.

Since then, I've seen that particular scene in a TV retrospective special and on its own it is the most ridiculous concept that Lassie should understand about C clamps.

But in the TV Universe, I use it as a good example of dogs being the reincarnation of humans and who still have a retention of their human intelligence.

So it works for Toobworld.

Here's the episode.  If you just want to see the C Clamp scene, go to the 11:20 mark:


BCnU!

No comments: