Wednesday, February 2, 2011

AS SEEN ON TV: KING KAMEHAMEHA I

With all of this snow socking the country, I thought we could go to the Hawaiian Islands for the next "As Seen On TV" showcase.....
KING KAMEHAMEHA I

AS SEEN IN:
'I Dream Of Jeannie'

AS PLAYED BY:
Michael Ansara

From Wikipedia:
Kamehameha I (ca. 1758 – May 8, 1819), also known as Kamehameha the Great, conquered the Hawaiian Islands and formally established the Kingdom of Hawai'i in 1810. By developing alliances with the major Pacific colonial powers, Kamehameha preserved Hawai'i's independence under his rule. Kamehameha is remembered for the Kanawai Mamalahoe, the "Law of the Splintered Paddle", which protects human rights of non-combatants in times of battle. Kamehameha's full Hawaiian name is Kalani Pai'ea Wohi o Kaleikini Keali'ikui Kamehameha o 'Iolani i Kaiwikapu kaui Ka Liholiho Kunuiakea.
BCnU!

No comments: