Saturday, July 17, 2010

A STRAY FROM THE HERD OF CALFS

As usual, I rushed off a post before it was fully ready. I don't like to hold off on them too long, for fear they never get seen. LOL - like I have enemies out to stop me from telling the truth about the TV Universe!

At the end of June, I wrote about the various characters played by Anthony Calf and how they could all trace their lineage back to a character he played in an episode of 'Doctor Who'.

One of those characters was Steven Cavendish in the 'Midsomer Murders' episode "Dead Man's Eleven". And I made the claim that Steven had a direct line through his father Robert to Lawrence Cavendish as his grandfather in the 'Poirot' story "The Mysterious Affair At Styles".

But I didn't have a picture of Anthony Calf as Steven and that irked me. So I published the story and then added that episode of 'Midsomer Murders' to my Netflix queue.

I just watched it today and can now present a visual for Steven Cavendish - not that there was much difference to the characters he played in other shows, like 'Foyle's War' and 'New Tricks'.... I've since added all available episodes of 'Midsomer Murders' to my Netflix queue; I rather liked it!

BCnU!

No comments: