Saturday, October 3, 2009

AS SEEN ON TV: SIR THOMAS MORE

Earlier Friday evening, I went to a dinner celebrating the birthday of my friend Tommy Stone. As I know he really enjoyed the movie of "A Man For All Seasons", and being strong in his religious convictions, I thought I'd offer up today's "As Seen On TV" showcase as a birthday salute to Tommy. A Thomas for a Thomas, as it were.....

SIR THOMAS MORE


AS SEEN IN:

'The Tudors'

AS PLAYED BY:
Jeremy Northam

Of course, sinner that I am, I went with the rather salacious version of Henry VIII's life for this portrayal of the future saint. (Still, More comes off looking good despite the licentious license taken with the history.)

Besides, I couldn't find a decent picture of Charlton Heston in the role for the TV adaptation of the Robert Bolt play..... Happy birthday, Tomas!

BCnU!

1 comment:

Tommy said...

Thanks, Toby. Saint Thomas More, pray for us.