Saturday, September 9, 2006

TAKING A MOMENT

Some of you may have noticed that I haven't run the Crossover Of The Week for at least a month, maybe more.

My heart was no longer in it. Even when a legitimate crossover cropped up, such as last night's episode of 'Stargate: Atlantis', which featured a guest appearance by Amanda Tapping as her 'Stargate SG-1' character Sam Carter, would have felt forced had I wrote it up.

Ennui, I suppose. Pre-vacation blues.

But there is something I want to try to do each Saturday - "The Toobworld Moment of the Week". This would be more in keeping with the general concept of "Inner Toob", in which I would pick that something that showed just how much the TV Universe rocks.

So for this week? We go to 'The Minor Accomplishments of Jackie Woodman' which has been airing on IFC every Friday night.

Jackie ended up stoned out of her gourd on peyote and other weird drugs while on a trip out into the desert. And in one of her visions, she ended up at a little cafe where her mother was waiting for her at a table.

Only thing was.... her mother was a tortoise.

And Tortoise-Mom's voice was provided by Mary Kay Place.

Visions of her in her nightie on 'Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman' and having singalongs with Archie Bunker filled my mind as I grooved along with the hallucination.

So that, for me, was a Toobworld moment, as I'm fairly certain it's not going to happen here in the Trueniverse.

I just don't have the right combination of drugs.....

What did you see on TV this week that really highlighted the difference between our world and Toobworld?

BCnU!
Tele-Toby

No comments: