Saturday, April 21, 2018

PILOT PROGRAM - "MR. ED"


I'm thinking I'll feature pilot episodes on Saturday.  At least until I'm bored again anyway. 

Here is the pilot for "Mr. Ed".  Not the one you're probably familiar with, though.  This came out in 2004 and perhaps - only perhaps - it could be argued that it belongs in the main Toobworld.


So how could it be in the same universe as the early sixties show?  Although the circumstances were very familiar: the horse was a different color; and the family name was different (Post -> Pope, which I believe was the original name in the first series pilot.)

As for Sherman Helmsley providing the voice....  It's been my contention that the original Mr. Ed was descended from the Houyhnhnms from "Gulliver's Travels", which had a TV adaptation.  I'm toying with the idea that this Mr. Ed was the reincarnation of George Jefferson; he hadn't been seen in Toobworld (outside of a dream) since 1996.  And as often happens, a sitcom was made of his life within Toobworld, which Curtis Payne watched in an episode of 'House of Payne'.

So he could have died before this pilot movie and then was "born to rerun" as this horse. 

After you've seen the video, let me know what you think.....

BCnU!

No comments: