Monday, May 22, 2017

MINUTIAE MONDAY - A BEHIND THE SCENES ADDENDUM


Recently I posted a list of TV movies and theatrical films which make up a Borderland which focuses on the behind the scenes productions of TV shows from the Trueniverse.  Most of the American TV movies dealt with iconic shows from the 1970s and 80s, but the British broadcasts went back to shows from the 1960s as well.  (Click here for the list.)

I thought I was going to be able to add the Robert Redford/Michelle Pfeiffer movie "Up Close And Personal" to this list, but the story and characters were fictional even though the main character's life was based on Jessica Savitch.  Until I started writing this up, I thought Pfeiffer was playing Savitch; turns out she's Terry Atwater.

If somebody wants to create a universe of roman a clefs, be my guest.....

But there are two movies I can add - 


Don Hewitt (Philip Baker Hall), Lowell Bergman (Al Pacino),
and Mike Wallace (Christopher Plummer) in "The Insider"

"THE INSIDER" about the '60 Minutes' whistle-blower story that became controversial.  Philip Baker Hall played producer Don Hewitt and Christopher Plummer was Mike Wallace.

"HEFNER: UNAUTHORIZED" - a docu-drama about the Playbody publisher (and member of the Television Crossover Hall of Fame) in which Mark Harelik assayed the role of Mike Wallace.

Mike Wallace is a member of the TVXOHOF as well.  As with Hefner, he's a member as part of the League of Themselves.
 
If you can think of any other movies, TV or theatrically released, that can be added to this TV dimension, let me know.  And I would really appreciate a catchy name for that world as well!

BCnU!

No comments: