Monday, September 30, 2013

T-ZONE HAIKU - "THE TIME ELEMENT"


Familiar with haiku?

It's a poetic form of three lines with a strict number of syllables in each:

5
7
5

Leading up to the July 4th marathon of 'Twilight Zone' episodes on Syfy, somebody in the T-Zone Facebook page suggested using haiku to describe episodes of this classic anthology series.  And my fellow members of the group rose to the occasion.

So as we head into this spooky month, I'd like to share those 'Twilight Zone' haiku (haikus?) which I thought were the best.

Plus three of mine.....

I'm going to begin with one of mine, not because I'm that much of an egomaniac, but because the topic was the pilot episode of the series shown as a one-off on the 'Westinghouse Desilu Playhouse'.

So... submitted for your approval:

T-ZONE HAIKU
by 
Toby O'B

"The Time Element"
Nightmare dream of Pearl Harbor
Ruined by Desi

BCnU!

No comments: