Tuesday, Jan. 8, is Larry Storch's 90th birthday. Here are five memorable roles:
1) In his most famous role, he played Corporal Randolph Agarn on F Troop, the sidekick to Forrest Tucker's Sgt. O'Rourke.
2) Texas Jack in the film, "The Great Race," with Tony Curtis and Jack Lemmon.
3) Eddie Spenser in the TV series "The Ghost Busters."
4) Charlie the Drunk in "Car 54, Where Are You?"
5) And, in one of his most prolific roles, he voiced the scientist, Phineas J. Woopee, in the "Tennesse Tuxedo" cartoon.
It's limited to only five entries, much like a Top Ten list or my own Super Six list. (But then again, I cheat a lot on how many entries show up.)
Still, here are a few others I would have considered:
- "Captain Newman, MD"
- 'The Queen And I'
- Voice of the Joker in one of those early 'Batman' cartoon series.
- 'The Doris Day Show' as ex-boxer Duke Farentino
- The DMV examiner in an episode of 'Columbo'
- The chimp turned into a human on 'I Dream Of Jeannie'
- "Angie" the hit man in an episode of 'The Persuaders!'
- Archie Bunker's old school chum on 'All In The Family' who tried to hang on to his youth
- The Groovy Guru in an episode of 'Get Smart'
- and as Himself in an episode of 'Married... With Children', running an acting school.
All the best on your 90th, Mr. Storch. And for a long time to come!