Sunday, December 4, 2011

THE HAT SQUAD: KEN RUSSELL & SHELAGH DELANEY

I try to keep track of all the TV-related obituaries through the year (and I wouldn't be as close to complete as I could be were it not for the blogs "Thrilling Days Of Yesteryear", "Boot Hill", and "Bill Crider's Pop Culture Magazine".) And as I add names to the list, I often find strong links to others already on that year's roster. (Like the year both Len Weinrib and Jack Wild of 'H.R. Pufnstuf' passed away.)


Just recently a link was completed with the passing of visionary director Ken Russell, perhaps best known for movies like "The Who's Tommy", "Altered States", and "Lair Of The White Worm". Just a week before him, playwright Shelagh Delaney passed away - while still a teenager, she wrote her most famous play "A Taste Of Honey".

Together they collaborated on a short documentary for the TV series 'Monitor':


Good night and may God bless.......

No comments: