Sunday, August 16, 2009

IT'S CREAM OF MUSHROOM SOUP TIME!

While I'm off on vacation again at The Lake, I'll be running a theme for the Daily "As Seen On TV" feature, just as I did back in May. At that time, I featured most of the Presidents and their First Ladies from the mini-series 'Backstairs At The White House'.

Since this is all happening in August, a month in which I traditionally salute the American TV Western (historical edition), every day you'll see an historical figure as portrayed on the 1950's series 'Stories Of The Century'. (On the Tuesdays, you'll get a double shot of one of them as seen in another series or TV movie as well.)

'Stories Of The Century' was a highly fictionalized account of the lives of these Western desperadoes. Somehow Matt Clark, who worked as a detective for the railroad, tracked them all down himself. (Matt Clark was played by Jim Davis, whose greatest claim to fame would be as Jock Ewing on 'Dallas' two decades later.)
It just may be that 'Stories Of The Century' will turn out to be the visualized boasts of Matt Clark, in much the same way that 'Jack Of All Trades' is considered at Toobworld Central to be the ravings of a syphilitic Jack Styles looking back on his life.....

There will also be the weekly inductions into the TV Crossover Hall Of Fame, which if I'm not mistaken will be of a character from the Tooniverse and of a Toobworld location.

At any rate, I hope you'll enjoy these pre-plotted postings to Inner Toob and I'll see you in September!

BCnU!

No comments: