It's stories like this that make me question God's reasoning....
Dana Reeve, the widow of the American actor Christopher Reeve, has died at the age of 44, only 18 months after the death of her husband.
Mrs Reeve was a singer and actress who appeared on Broadway and in various films and television series. But she was best known as a campaigner for better treatments and possible cures for paralysis through the Christopher Reeve Foundation, named for the late "Superman" star.
She announced last August that she had been diagnosed with lung cancer, even though she had never smoked. She died last night.
Dana Reeve was born in New York City, the daughter of a cardiologist. She studied acting in California and married her husband in 1992, three years before the horseriding accident that left him as a quadriplegic.
She won much admiration for the support she gave to her husband until his death in October 2004 and continued to campaign for his foundation until her death. The foundation has distributed more than $60 million in research and personal grants.
The couple had a son, Will, who is now 13.
[From the Times Online]
Here's hoping Dana has been reunited with Chris, and my prayers and best wishes go out to their son, Will.
The Brooke Ellison Story (2004) (TV) .... English Professor
TV SERIES' RECURRING ROLES
- Works of Mercy (2000) TV Episode .... Wendy Schultz
- The Bill of Wrongs (2000) TV Episode .... Wendy Schultz
- Obituaries (2000) TV Episode .... Wendy Schultz
- A Cock and Balls Story (2000) TV Episode .... Wendy Schultz
- Somebody's Lyin (1997) TV Episode .... Meg McClure
- Do No Harm (1997) TV Episode .... Meg Shelby
[More than likely this is the same character; Meg may have married or divorced and reverted to her maiden name between episodes.]
TV GUEST APPEARANCES
"Law & Order: Criminal Intent"
- The Faithful (2001) TV Episode .... Melanie Grasso
"Law & Order"
- Barter (1997) TV Episode .... Susan Tashjian
- By Hooker, by Crook (1990) TV Episode (as Dana Morosini) .... Camilla
[Thanks to the IMDb.com]